Happy New Year!!
I still can’t believe its 2015!
I have been cooking up some great (and healthy) recipes and doing some projects that have been easy that I cannot wait to share with you!!
First, I think I will start with this chili recipe I tried last night. It was DELICIOUS! Literally the whole meal, my husband and I kept saying “wow, this is so good!” “this is delicious” “we have to make this all the time”.
My favorite part is, IT’S COOKED IN THE CROCK POT!!
So- give it a whirl, it was quick and nutritious, and easy! Im learning to take better pictures of food (which is an art in itself, that I haven’t mastered) so if my picture is off-putting, I promise it will taste great!
I found this recipe on Pinterest, click to see original recipe
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced (i used white)
- 2 (15oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) jar of deli sliced tamed jalapeños, drained
- 1 C frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, place turkey in the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until brown. Put that in the crock pot.
2. Add all of the ingredients: diced onion, chopped bell peppers, tomato sauce and diced tomato, rinsed and drained beans, drained jalapeños, corn, chili powder and cumin. Season with a little more salt and pepper, give it a stir and turn the crock pot on!
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6.
Serve with (optional toppings): chopped green onions, shredded low fat cheese, avocado (my favorite), reduced fat sour cream/ greek yogurt, cilantro, the possibilities are endless- but its AMAZING!
Hope you all try it and enjoy it!! I love dinners that are healthy, easy, and cooked in the crock pot!