I have been making these cookies since I was a little girl with my mom. Growing up I remember rolling the cookies into balls, dropping them into some cinnamon and sugar and gently flattening them with this small glass we used only when making these cookies.
I’m UBER picky with snickerdoodles because of this and frankly because these are SO good and better than most. Its really simple, and always tastes so good!
The Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
3 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3T sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Combine the four, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl beat the butter for 30 seconds. Then add sugar and beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
5. In a separate small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar to roll cookies in.
6. Roll dough into 1” balls, roll into cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper 2” apart. You can use a cookie scoop if you have one.
7. Take a small glass and use the bottom to GENTLY flatten the tops of cookies before putting in the oven.
8. Bake at 375 for 8 mins. Let cookies cool for 5 mins on sheet then place on cooling rack.
My friend, fellow boy mom and cookie lover told me her cookie dough trick recently. She told me to not bake all the dough, bake a dozen or so, put the rest in a storage container and store in the fridge. Throughout the week bake a few cookies, so you don’t feel like you bake cookies and half go stale. Every time you bake them they are fresh baked! Its genius! I did it this week with the snickerdoodles, and its awesome! So now I bake a few and they are fresh cookies and I love having them to put in the boy’s school lunches.
I know you will love them as much as we do!