I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and read the full recipe on the Listotic blog. It will definitely be something I make often! The best thing, its only a few ingredients!
It was a hit for Bachelorette viewing night too. Its so simple and can be made quickly! I tweaked her recipe, by adding real red onion vs. onion powder, and I used cilantro instead of parsley to give it more of a guac feel.
Amazing Avocado Dip
- 3 large avocados (chopped into small chunks)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (chopped into small chunks)
- 4 ounces plain crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp or more of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh onion or 1 tsp onion powder (I used red onion)
- 1 bag tortilla chips for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, except for the avocados.
- Our recipes differed here- I then added the avocados and I mashed them to a chunky but still semi solid consistency with the rest of the ingredients. I refrigerated for maybe 2 hours before serving.
Her Step 2- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, and then chop the avocados and gently stir them in just before serving.
Your choice, it feels like a tomato/tomatoe situation, with either result being a delicious dip!